kazeworld
Welcome to kazeworld, It's great to see you here with us!

Already A Member? Then click on login below to login to your kazeworld account now
Not A Member?Click on regist er, it takes less than 60 seconds to register with KAZEWORLD and become part of the family so what are you waiting for?

ps: site rename to kazeworld ( old name is krazes.tk)

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

kazeworld
Welcome to kazeworld, It's great to see you here with us!

Already A Member? Then click on login below to login to your kazeworld account now
Not A Member?Click on regist er, it takes less than 60 seconds to register with KAZEWORLD and become part of the family so what are you waiting for?

ps: site rename to kazeworld ( old name is krazes.tk)
kazeworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Register] or i'll kill u, and i mean it. For those who dont know the site was renamed from krazes.tk TO kazeworld.co.cc

Register your shoutbox forum name after registration ( until chatbox is being maintained )
Anime series and movies were uploaded for your mobile, ipod, iphone, psp or other portable device. please enjoy

You are not connected. Please login or register

How to play gba and flash games on your psp

Rate this Guide

How to play gba  and flash games on your psp Vote_lcap100%How to play gba  and flash games on your psp Vote_rcap 100% [ 1 ]
How to play gba  and flash games on your psp Vote_lcap0%How to play gba  and flash games on your psp Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
How to play gba  and flash games on your psp Vote_lcap0%How to play gba  and flash games on your psp Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

kaze

kaze
Admin
Admin

------------HOW TO PLAY GBA GAMES AND SNES ON YOUR PSP------------

I figured that these two are the most common emulators that are requested in this forum. So, I decided to spend my time to write a guide for it.Let's start with a background info first. Emulators are programs that emulates another video game console. There are more emulators for the PSP, if you wish to install scroll down for dr1ver's super emu guides.

GUIDE: Play Gameboy Advance Roms on your PSP (GPSP)

Click for youtube video
Spoiler:

Requirements:

1. A Custom Firmware PSP with a 3.XX kernal
2. Unofficial gpSP Kai v3.2 Test 8.7 ( Will update if needed) -

downloads
Click here to download gpSP

Steps:

Before I go on, I want to tell you that emulators are not illegal. The bios and roms (games) are. So, I will not post where to get them. You are goin to use google.

1. Download the gpSP from the above link. Extract the files into your desktop. After, open the ms0/PSP/GAME folder. Until you see the folder gpSP. Copy that folder into your GAME folder on your PSP.

2. Go inside the gpSP folder in your PSP. Now download the GBA BIOS use google to search for it. Rename the bios to "gba_bios.bin". Transfer that file to the gpSP folder.

3. After get your gba roms and put it on the ROMS folder inside that GBA folder. Gpsp can play .gba and zip files that contains the .gba file.Start the game and have fun.

Transfer VBA saves to Gpsp

1) Copy the .sav and .svs files from the GPSP folder into a backup folder.
2) Open VisualBoy Advance and go File/Import/Battery File and choose the .sav file.
3) Do what you want to do on VisualBoy Advance and save the file as a VisualBoy Advance Save File (.sgm).
4) On VisualBoy Advance go File/Export/Battery File and save it as exactly the same name of the ROM that the save file is from.
5) Rename the VisualBoy Advance .sgm file to the same name as the ROM file, the slot you want it to be in and then .svs as the file extension. e.g. Need for Speed Carbon: Own the City0.svs.
6) Copy both files back to where you copied the files from originally and run GPSP.
7) Go to the slot you put in the filename. There should be some random picture there. DON'T WORRY. This is perfectly normal. Just load the file and everything should work perfectly. If this doesn't work try to load savestate from file under savestate options.

screenshots
Me playing Pokemon Smile
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

gpSP menu

FAQ:

Q: Can this play GB or GBC games ?
A: Not that i know, no. There is the Masterboy emulator for PSP which can play GBA, GB and GBC games.

Q: The emulator isnt starting ?
A: Please read the FAQ section in the SNES guide.

Q: Where can I download bios and roms
A: As i said b4, use google. They are copyright files so it makes them illegal to share.

Q: Do I need to convert the Rom or such?
A: When you download a rom they should either be in a .zip or .gba format. gpSP can play .zip files with the gba rom inside. However, I recommend that you unzip the game to .gba. No need to convert.

Q: Can I play with my friends that has gpSP with adhoc.
A: Sadly, no. Though the developer of the emulator is working on it.

Q: I can start the gpsp but it says I got a bad bios or such.
A: You got a corrupt gba bios. Download another one. If your PC does not show full extension of files, try renaming the bios to "gba_bios".

_____Guide 2 play Snes game ( flash, etc.. on your psp )________________________________________________________________________

GUIDE: Play SNES games on your PSP (Snes9xTYL)

Intro: This a guide to install Snes9xTYL into your PSP. This emu will let you play SNES games on your PSP. There is a SNES emu for the PC so u can try the game 1st to see if it is corrupt. The best (IMO) would be Snes9x. For the PSP it would be Snes9xTYL. THIS WORKS FOR SLIM AND FAT.

Requirements:

1. A Custom Firmware PSP with 3.XX kernal
2. Snes9xTYL 0.4.2 ME (will update if needed)

downloads
Click here to download Snes

Steps:

Before I go on, I want to tell you that emulators are not illegal. The bios and roms (games) are. So, I will not post where to get them. You are goin to use google.

1. Download the SNES9xTYL and extract it. There should be a "snes9xTYL" folder. Copy that to your GAME folder of your PSP.

2. Put your ROM into the ROM folder inside the snes9xTYL folder you just put on your PSP. This emulator can play .smc game file and zip file that contains the .scm file.

3. Disconnect the USB, go to the GAME menu of your XMB, and select the emulator.

Transfer SNES9x saves to SNES9x TYL

Save it from the Save State Function. After, you should get a .zsX (where X is the number) with the name of you game. Transfer that file into the SAVES folder of your SNES9x TYL.

screenshots
me testing mario

Snes menu

FAQ:

Q: Can this play NES games?
A: No, it cannot. You can use Nester J to run it. To install Nester J, please look below this guide for the Super Emulator Guide by Dr1ver.

Q: The emulator isnt starting ?
A: Make sure you have custom firmware like 3.03 OE,3.71 M33, 3.90 GEN
If, you do have a custom firmware. Check the game kernel.
1. Fully turn off the psp by holding the power button
2. Hold the R button and turn on the PSP
3. This will bring you to the recovery mode
4. Go to Config, then go to GAME kernal. Set it to 3.XX or 4.XX (Where X is the number of your firmware)

Q: Where can I download bios and roms
A: As i said b4, use google. They are copyright files so it makes them illegal to share.

Q: Do I need to convert the Rom or such?
A: When you download a rom they should either be in a .zip or .smc file. Snes9xTYL can run both of them. No need to convert.

Q: How do I get into the Menu ?
A: After, selecting the game you wish to run. Click Home. It should bring you to the menu.

You can see my other guides in the tutorial corner. how to play gba games on mobile, how to sign applications etc..

http://kazeworld.co.cc

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum